Thursday, April 21, 2011

100 day Challenge

At the beginning of the year, well OK Jan 10Th I decided I wanted to start reading the Book of Mormon. Every night Reyn was getting Royce down to bed and I had about 20 minutes of just me time. So I decided to read. At first I wanted to just have it read by May, then as my reading began I decided to have it read by 100 days. I am so grateful for the time I was able to get to read and to have my testimony strengthened. I learned so many new things about the Book of Mormon and I gained a stronger love for my Savior. I have probably only really read the whole Book of Mormon 3 times in my life. I've started it a few times and just skimmed around. Or I've read it with my family growing up, but family scripture study with 5 kids is hard and I didn't really take much out of it growing up. Well I actually did probably come out of our family scripture reading with something. Because I did have a testimony then. And I did appreciate the time we did read together. I am grateful for that family scripture time even if some times were complete chaos. In seminary i know I've read it but I did it just to say i did it. While Bro Moon would teach us about the Book of Mormon I did enjoy learning and the way he taught. I did come out with a bunch of notes and neat insights. Just me personally studying the Book of Mormon i didn't really try to gain much. Reyn and I read it together our first year of marriage which was wonderful! I am so blessed to have him to teach me things that I didn't really know or understand before. So now doing this 100 day challenge was just for me I am so grateful that i did it. I've always had a testimony in the Book of Mormon I've always had a testimony that the church is true. I just had a lot of neat eye openers while reading. And I feel like I have learned soo much that i am sure i knew before, it just all stuck out to me this time in different ways this time. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the scriptures. I am so grateful for the time that Reyn gave me to read them . it was and is such a rewarding feeling to accomplish something I had my mind set to accomplish. I finished at 98 days! My goal now is to read the Doctrine and Covenants.

1 comments:

Jessie Lewis said...

I'm impressed by 3 things here: 1- that you read the B of M of course. 2- That Rheyn puts Royce down every night, and 3- that it only takes 20 minutes!