Thursday, July 24, 2008

Photo, child birth class, blah blah


Here are my belly pictures. I am huge! I didn't really realize how big i look until looking at this picture. I am 33 weeks here, getting closer. The amazing part is that i think i look huge here, i still have 7 weeks of growing. This is probably nothing. Oh well. On Monday night Reyn and I took a child birthing class, interesting. So it started at 6 pm and ended at 9pm. The class was surprisingly pretty big, well like 10 pregnant girls, but throw in all the husbands and it becomes 20 people. In a small little room. Well Monday night there was a huge storm, and the electricity went out during our class. We sat for an hour and a half in this room with no a/c, no lights, just dim back up lights. it didn't really get hot til there was only a half hour left of the class. By then the teachers were annoyed and everyone was cooking. so they let us out a bit early. The funniest part about the night was when the lights went out, it was dark, there is a big window out to the parking lot where people can see into the room. And we were all practicing one of the comfort positions. It's just like dancing, Reyn had his hands on my hips, me around his neck, and we were just swaying. All the couples were doing this, and all the sudden a bright light shines in on us. It was the fire truck, so all these fire fighters probably thought we were all crazy. Haha. I don 't know how funny this story sounds, but it was funny at the time.
So then we went again on Wednesday night, last night, and we got to watch all the scary videos. I can say i don't think that this baby is going to come out, it's pretty scary looking. I was freaking out watching these videos, it makes me pretty nervous. We watched a live birth with out any medicine, then we watched a c-section. Then we watched an epidural birth. And oh my gosh, i can't believe im going to have to get this baby out.
I know that everything will be fine, and that things will all work out. But after last night i did get pretty nervous. I didn't think this class was supposed to make you nervous, thought it was going to comfort me. Well in some ways it did comfort me. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. Reyn is a great support, and just know that he is going to be there just helps put me at ease.
Well i better get going. Sorry this post turned out so long. I guess i just needed to kind of express things. Have a good day!

9 comments:

Christie said...

That's a really funny story about your birthing class. I laughed. I never took a birthing class, but I think those videos would have freaked me out too. You will be great though, no matter how you have to have him and the moment you meet the little guy will be the sweetest moment of your life. I'm so excited for you!

Fullerton Family said...

Your belly is too cute!!!!! I never took a birthing class, so thankfully I wasn't too freaked out, ha ha! I definetly recommend an epidural, they are wonderful... I'd rather enjoy my labor and delivery than suffer through it!

Dave,katie,Courtney and Colton said...

You are not big just your belly. I would take the drugs if that is what you have chose.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

yay!! I'm so excited! I can't believe its coming so soon!

jon♥kara said...

Hey Heidi it's the Barnes how are you? Congratulations on being pregnant! Jon's sister just had a baby girl in June and she is so fun. It was fun seeing Reyn in nutrition class. It's so nice to be done with school. Jon is reapplying to dental school right now. How do you like the new couple that moved into our apartments? We should get together soon!

Mary-Sunshine said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! I LOVE your belly! Evelynne will say every once in a while, "Where Heidi go? She at work."

Skylar & Chanell said...

Ha. Funny story....so I guess I have a lot to look forward to when I go to my class here in a couple weeks. Oh The joy a being pregnant. Anyway, you look super cute. Hang in there.

Nikki said...

That is so funny about the class, I can't believe how soon you are gonna have a baby. It has gone by so fast. And you do not have to apologize for anything, you are a great friend. No worries, we are all so busy. I will definitly keep you posted about the job.

Cynthia Gibbons said...

HEIDI!!!!!
I found your blog!! I didn't know that you were a blogger! Sorry that I have been such a bad friend lately. With 4 family reunions, Chris graduating from school, kids starting school, and my calling I have had no time to let you know how much I love you, my Heidi! Come to my blog too and check out the family. thegibbonsgang.blogspot.com
I love you girlie!
Cynthia Gibbons