Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wisdom

Who needs it haha. Wisdom teeth that is.... Today I went into our dentist, Uncle Steve. I had some bad pain on my lower mouth behind my last tooth my gums were swollen back there and hurting. So I went in to get them looked at and he said "looks like you need your 2 top wisdom teeth removed." I probably looked like I was going to cry. He says kind of with excitement in his voice "do you want me to take them out right now?" um i was in panic mode ha. I have been terrified of this thought of getting my teeth removed. My heart was pounding and I was extremely nervous. Luckily Reyn had gotten out of class early so he was actually there with me at the appt. I ended up saying yes to getting them removed. And Uncle Steve numbed me up went out and got Reyn. He gave me 4 shots and the entire time I was praying for comfort. I actually almost asked for a blessing first. But I just prayed and prayed and i was comforted. it took about 30 seconds to remove both my teeth! I couldn't believe how fast it went! I am grateful he was able to do it so quickly. I do have a bottom wisdom tooth that is impacted. it has to come out it is pushing my teeth together and making them go crooked. so next month I go in again for my last bit of wisdom to be removed. It will not be as easy and quick as my 2 top teeth. it will actually have to be cut open and broken up and then removed. it hasn't broke the surface yet and it is growing in sideways. so i will probably have a blessing for that one. I am glad they are removed and hopefully they will heal to their fullest in the next 24 hours. I am grateful that Uncle Steve is good at his job. I am grateful Reyn was able to be there. and I am grateful for the hygienist that let me squeeze her hand tight when I got the shots. I am also grateful for grava and papa gunnell for watching Royce while we were at the dentist. I really do have so much to be grateful for. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Jodi and Jason said...

Oh Heidi! you are so brave. I still have all my wisdom teeth and I'm terrified of my dentist one day saying the need to come out. Although I'm mostly scared of what it will cost, haha! At least your teeth will stay straight and pretty now so that's nice!

Just Be You said...

Heidi , Wow what a surprise. You didn't even have any mental preparation time? What a trooper you are I would have probably said give me a few days to think about this and I will be back. Good thing your Uncle is a dentist and you trust him. Yikes ...
I love this post it impresses me how prayerful you are :)
Love ya Heidi and if you need anything let me know