Monday, June 7, 2010

Sorry post overload!












I tried to get another picture of us




this is the entryway - so pretty




Here we are at the Fairmont!






getting a picture with all my siblings and royce with grannie. :) we had 3 cameras to look at, so some of us aren't looking.


Here we are with grannie before taking her to my cousins house.




Grannie switched the candles haha, and was showing me that she did. lol




Grannie B-day is June 9th so we got her a cake on Sunday and celebrated early. She isn't here at my house anymore. My cousin is taking care of her this week.









Grannie taught me how to make red chili too! Also delicious!


the finished product! AMAZING!


the green chili without the tomato




grannie peeling the tomato


We peeled them. and cut them up.


Grannie and I roasted peppers! For green chili!

He loved playing with the water and using the hose.








We got a little pool for Royce. We've only played in it a few times, we've been so busy!


Every night we took a walk with grannie. This night Royce decided he wanted to take his barn with him. He carried it the whole walk.


close up of his mustache






Royce's chocolate strawberry mustache.












Alright I a lot to catch up on. On May 27th I had my grannie come and stay here with us. She had open heart surgery and needed to stay down here for doc visits and she needed to have somebody with her at all times. So I was blessed with her in our home. We had such a wonderful time! But before grannie came over I was cleaning the house and Royce got a hold of the baby powder. It was EVERYWHERE! I like to sprinkle baking soda mixed with carpet stuff onto the carpet when I vacuum and he seems me do that. And so he decided to sprinkle the flagstone with baby powder to "help" clean. So when he got quiet I came in and noticed this powder all over Royce and the floor and the door and in his room all over. I just laughed, because what else can I do. he was just doing what he sees me do.


Reyn also surprised me with an evening at the Fairmont in Scottsdale! My mom and Donny and Hannah came down on Friday. My mom and I went to a reception Friday night. Then Saturday Reyn and I did a session at the temple, which was much needed. Then we went to the Fairmont. While my mom and siblings babysat Royce! We had a good time away, I missed Royce so much though! It was our first night away from the little guy. But it was a great surprise. We ate so much! We ate at Bourbon Steak, a restaurant in the hotel. It was so good! I did get pictures of all our food. But I have so many pictures in this post already.


I had Grannie here for 10 days. We had a wonderful time! I am so grateful that I was able to spend time with her. And have her teach me her secret recipes! :) Now that she isn't here I don't know what to do with myself. haha, it feels weird to have her gone. She was good company. Between grannie and Royce I kept very busy. Making her meals and cleaning up after each meal and keeping up with Royce. And trying to keep up with house work. It was a wonderful 10 days though! I'm very blessed to of had the time with grannie. Royce, I think, also enjoyed having grannie here.
Well I think so far that is all that has been going on over the last few weeks. It's already been a busy summer and it doesn't look like it will slow down. But that is ok with me! The busier the summer is the quicker it goes by and the quicker we get out this heat! haha!
Oh ya, Reyn had an orientation today for school. Tomorrow is his last day of work. June 14th is his official start day for school! It is crazy to know he is finally starting school! We are so excited and so scared. Lots of changes coming our way!






















2 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

very nice suprise! go reyn!!

Ashley Nicole Designs said...

How fun! There was a lot there but you have certainly been busy! So fun though!