Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Squaw Peak (Piestewa Peak‎) whatever peak hike :)

We made it to the top! Well not quite the tippy top, it was too jagged to go all the way.

After the hike, the walk to the truck seemed like forever haha.






Last Saturday Reyn decided we needed to go hike. His partner from work came with us. And had to head to the top without us. I am in such horrible shape! But Reyn being the patient hubby he is stuck with me. And got me to the top. We did end up having an enjoyable time. It did get warm near the end. But it felt good when it was over. My calves were killing me for probably 3 days after. But it was that good kind of kill :), the kill of accomplishment. We are glad we were able to go on a hike nearing the summer. Probably the last hike for a while. Reyn's parents were able to watch Royce for us. So it all worked out :) I love spending time with Reyn. And I am thankful that he is patient with me and loves me.

3 comments:

Webb said...

Millie and I need to go on more hikes, I miss doing that. We did run a 5k together today... well, kind of together, I finished way before her - but we have matching shirts from it now!

Great photos from the "top" too! I miss the valley!

The Roberts Family said...

I am glad you guys at least had fun! :) That is always a bonus to hiking in the heat! ahaha. I am glad Reyn is patient with you too, and that he loves you! :) haha.

Heather said...

good work that's awesome!! I wanna go on a hike!